Tuesday 20 November 2012

Digipak photos

For our digipak I have been editing few photos that we can inlude.
To do this Ive bee using Photoshop CS5.1

This is the first unedited photo I opened in photoshop and these are the step I took to make it look more professional:
  • First I duplicated the layer
  • Chose filter, blur, lens blur and set the radious to 60
  • On the blurred layer I selected the eraser tool and set the opacity to 100% and rubbed out the face revealing the unblurred layer beneath. For the arms and edges of the face I set the opacity to 60%


  • I then used the dodge tool to lighten the face and eyes
  • I used the sponge tool to bring out the colour of the lips and the colour of the iris'

  • I used the spot healing tool on her cheek and head just to hide a few inperfections - this is what editors do for popstars to make them fit the ideal and look desireable


This is the end result, Which I think would work well inside of the digipak with songs typed on the left hand side.


This is the second photo I edited  which our group thought would be good for an album cover.
  • First again I duplicated layer and cropped off the edges
  • I also agian selected filter, blur, lens blur and set the radious to 30
  • I then erased the blur from her body
  • I used the burn tool on an opacity of 20% to darken the background
  • I then set the opacity to 30% and darkened her dress and shoes
  • I used the sponge tool on her hair to stand out more
  •  I then zoomed in on her toe nails and used the clone to make sure her red nail varnish covered her whole toe.

  • Finally I changed the levels and contrast and brightness to highlight certain areas of the image and so that the image would become more striking. 


    Some other images I have edited:





No comments:

Post a Comment